Feb 21, 2009

Tough week

Not the best week of training. Battling a sinus infection never makes anything easy. The first of which is sleeping. The second of which is running, b/c I'm so damn tired! Finally got some meds on Wednesday night. By Thursday I was feeling a bit better, but not well enough to complete my workout. I hate when that happens. It really bugs the shit out of me. Here it is Saturday, and I'm still thinking about it. Ah, well. At least today's run felt a lot better. Tomorrow's long run could be interesting. 15 miles, and the sleet/freezing rain is falling right now. Hopefully it lets up soon and doesn't turn the roads into a sheet of ice.

I am happy to say that the entire week hasn't been bad. When I went to the doc to get my Z-pak, I found out my blood pressure is finally back to normal. And seeing as I hadn't actually taken it in months (I know, bad, bad, bad), doc said he saw no need to put me back on it for now. Sweet.

And my weight is already nearly at what I thought my race-day weight should be. Perhaps I underestimated. Looks like I won't have any trouble at all maintaining this weight, at a minimum. But I expect I'll lose several more before race day. Hopefully I still feel strong & fit, like I do now. I actually feel like I'm in the best shape of my life, and that I have room to improve. I love it.

But like with all things, one step at a time. Can't get ahead of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment