Apr 29, 2009

T-minus 4 days and counting

Antsy. Nervous. A little scared. A lot excited. Yup, that describes me to a tee these days. The longer I wait, the longer it's been since I ran long, the more doubt I have. I know I need to relax, trust my training, and just run smart. But it's tough to not have these thoughts, especially when I've never run a full marathon before.

Weather still looks OK for Sunday morning, not perfect, but not awful. Saturday, High of 69, Low of 51, partly cloudy, winds at 9mph, humidity 61%. Sunday, High of 61, Low of 50, few showers (30% chance of rain), winds at 7mph, humidity 59%. I can live with that, rain or no rain.

Looks like my new shoes should be OK to race in. Moleskin is good stuff, my feet feel good, and that blister won't be an issue. I'll cover it, if necessary.

All that's left is to eat smart, rest, get my 2 remaining SUPER-EASY runs in, and make it to the starting line, on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment