Mar 13, 2009

Uneventful week so far

Not much to say except that I continue to train. My motivation is waning slightly (I had trouble motivating myself on Tuesday), but not too bad. The countdown to the Pig is getting closer & closer, and the closer I get, the more scared I get. A marathon! A FULL marathon! Am I really that crazy? My wife certainly thinks so. I'm planning to break out my "secret motivation weapon" shortly. I'm actually really excited about it. I've been dying to watch it! Hint, hint.

I did have a very good day at the gym on Wednesday. Felt like I lifted strong for the first time in about 2 weeks. It's weird...when I go in there and push myself hard, I feel really good afterward. When I go in and "save" my legs, so I can run strong the day or two after, I don't really feel like I'm saving much of anything anyway. Maybe that's not so weird. Lesson learned. Get in there, and get after it.

My Forerunner is absolutely GREAT. I love it. Why did I ever wait so long to get it?!? I'm using both Motion Based and Sportstracks as well, but I admit, I have to find some time to dig into what each can do, and determine which plugins I think are useful for Sportstracks. I do know that the "Old Man's Activity Documentation" one is worthless. You don't really get much unless you donate money to him. Granted, he does put a lot of time & effort into building a lot of plugins, by the looks of it, I just don't feel like donating money for something when I don't know if it's even worth it.

Tonight, I head up to Lima to see my dad, and then we're going to Bowling Green to watch my old high school basketball team play in the Regional Finals on Saturday. That'll be interesting. I'd love to see them win, but I'll be jealous too. We never should have lost to Sandusky that night, back in 1991. That still bothers me when I think about it. Anyway, 5-miler in the morning tomorrow in my hometown will be nice. Gotta watch what I eat & drink though. I don't always make the best choices when I'm away from home. And I don't want to compromise my long-run on Sunday.

Waste no more time talking about great souls and how they should be. Become one yourself. --Marcus Aurelius Antoninus, Roman Emperor, A.D. 161-180 (121 AD - 180 AD)

No comments:

Post a Comment